The safety of our patients and staff is our number one priority. We have new office procedures to maximize your safety as well as that of our staff. We are also offering telehealth appointments. Below is a breakdown of the new protocols we have put in place as well as new regulations we have for our patients.
What We Are Doing to Protect Our Patients and Staff
- Our employees are working from home whenever possible.
- We are offering telemedicine visits to reduce the number of patients in the office and help patients receive care from home.
- We are providing curbside service and a remote programming option to patients with hearing aids that need to be repaired or programmed.
- We are providing personal protective equipment (PPE) to our employees including masks, goggles, face shields, gloves, hand sanitizer, and sanitizing wipes.
- We are requiring everyone who enters our office to wear a facial covering (mask).
- We are asking COVID-19 screening questions and taking the temperature of our employees on a daily basis as well as anyone who enters our office.
- We are cleaning/sanitizing surfaces, workstations and frequently touched objects multiple times throughout the day.
- We are lengthening in-office appointment times to allow us time to thoroughly clean/sanitize exam and procedure rooms in between appointments.
- We have installed plexiglass shields at check-out stations. Patients may exit through the back door to promote physical distancing if necessary.
- We have asked employees to stay home if they do not feel well or if they have had exposure to anyone known diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 10 days.
What We Expect from Our Patients
- Provide all requested information upon scheduling your appointment.
- Complete and submit all forms prior to your appointment. Forms may be completed on-line or may be downloaded to fill out and fax, email or mail to the office.
- Utilize our curbside and remote hearing aid programming services with our audiologists whenever possible.
- Be honest when answering our COVID-19 screening questions, which will be asked when scheduling an in-office appointment and again before entering our office.
- Call our office to let us know you arrived and wait in our parking lot before your appointment. Only come into the office when we call to let you know it is your turn.
- Wear a mask at all times while in our office and out in public.
- Use hand sanitizer upon entering our office.
- Maintain physical distancing in our offices unless not possible due to testing and/or treatment.
- Be prepared to be escorted out our back door at the end of your appointment if necessary, to maintain physical distancing.
These rules are in place for your safety and the safety or our staff and community.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.